MICRONEEDLING – ACNE SCAR TREATMENT WITH amiea med®
Most patients want to see immediate results when they undergo a treatment. Nevertheless, a sustainable result needs time. Amiea med takes advantage of the body’s cell regeneration process by causing small dermal trauma whilst leaving the epidermis in between the punctures unharmed. This procedure stimulates the production of collagen and new cell material. After about three treatments (one per month) the best possible results are obtained – skin structure is improvedand visible scars are diminished.
SKIN TEXTURE IMPROVEMENT, ACHIEVED BY
- stimulation of percutaneous collagen induction
- reduction of acne scars depth • normalization of skin structure
- minimal invasive without conducting open wounds
- very short regeneration phase / downtime
TYPES AND ETIOLOGY OF ACNE SCARS
All scarring is composed of the same collagen as the tissue it has replaced, but the composition of the scar tissue, compared to the normal tissue, is different. Scars differ from other scars in the amounts of collagen overexpressed. Atrophic scarring has an overexpression of collagen blocking regeneration and is sunken, because the collagen bundles do not overextend the tissue.
Atrophic acne scars have been sub classified as followed:
- Ice pick scars are usually punctiform, sharp and deep and have a “V shape” in longitudinal section
- Boxscars have a rounder oval shape, from 1.5 till 4.0 mm in diameter, wide at the surface and the base, showing ‘‘U’’ shape
- Rolling scars have a ‘‘M’’ shape and, therefore, give a rolling appearance to the skin and they usually have a diameter of 4.0 till 5.0 mm